Gardens have contributed greatly to the reputation of the Côte d’Azur and nowadays they constitute a first-class botanical heritage.
In this playground for the 19th century aristocracy, winter visitors who were keen on gardening had all the leisure they required to acclimatise
species brought back from their travels and thus create extraordinary gardens.
"Mediterranean dreams" is the chosen theme for the second edition of the Côte d'Azur Gardens Festival:
• An invitation to travel, around the Mediterranean, in the world of gardens: the creations will reflect the richness and diversity of the Mediterranean
territories and will reveal a part of the coast along the Big Blue.
• An invitation to daydreaming where visiting a garden means fleeing to a calm place, convenient for relaxing and enchantment.
This theme will also point out climate and water management concerns in the Mediterranean region.
Throughout the month of April 2019, the Festival will include a landscaping contest open to professionals, out-of-competition “pop-up” ephemeral gardens made by various municipalities and events all over the “département”.
The Côte d'Azur is the chosen land for flowers, scents and the art of gardens along with 13 magnificent gardens under the "Jardin Remarquable" label, to be open to the public during the Festival.
More than 200 events will be organised during the Festival throughout the “département des Alpes-Maritimes”:
• Floral art workshops, tastings, culinary animations,
• Professional stands, plants exchange,
• Conferences, exhibitions,
• Specific visits to private gardens and guided tours to discover our cultural and historical heritage.
These events will be displayed on the website and on the Festival brochure in March 2019.